View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 04:04 PM   #399 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Back to tailgating I had a nice one this morning on my trip this morning in Scotland. I went along the M9 towards Stirling and then turned off towards Glasgow. The part that connects the two motorways is usually quite quiet and this morning was no exception, I couldn't see anyone in front or behind.

Then I spotted the laser headlights of an Audi Q7 coming up quite fast, in fact very fast probably well into 3 figures. I braced myself for the woosh as it passed but it didn't. Instead it slowed and ended up about 2-3 ft behind me. There are two lanes so he had no problem in passing. A check in the mirrors and yes - phone is clamped to his ear which is not only illegal here but very very stupid.

And anyway I would expect having paid £40k+ for an Audi Q7 it would have handsfree ?

Anyway he clearly hadn't noticed how slow I was going but was still close so I wanted him off, so I slowed hoping he would get the message.

Nope.

We got down to 35 MPH (in a 70) before he noticed. When he did and passed I got the WTF hang signals followed by a finger, so which I gave a hand signal which indicated I thought him to be an Onarist.

The Q7 nose pointed to the sky as he floored it, smoke belching from the tailpipes of his TDI powered wunderwagen. And then all brake lights came on suddenly. So suddenly that he triggered the hazard lights flashing system which Audis have when they decelerate suddenly. Why ?

One of these was sat on the bridge just over the brow of the next hill.

They have damn good cameras and they like to zoom in on the drivers so that they know who they are, so maybe they got him on the phone too. That would be tasty, 3 points for speeding and 3 for the phone - if you get 12 its game over. Oh and £60 for each offence too

Now normally the Audi cruising at speed on an empty motorway, I wouldn't care. But as this one had been a prat he got what he deserved.

George keeps me out of trouble as it takes him 3 miles to get over 70
Hurrah for Jamsandwich!

I was on that road tonight (the co-worker's Mazda is in for some after sales paintwork, at Arnold Clark in Stirling)

As for Audi drivers- I like them..they make us BMW drivers seem like less of a see you next tuesday..

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------