View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 04:05 PM   #208 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Over here, same quality oils are similarly priced , regardless of weight.
Doesn't mean these fully synth oils are cheap though.
I can probably find 0w30 slightly cheaper than Total, but I read that Total oils are engineered for PSA engines. On the other hand, Elf, Castrol, etc., probably won't make a difference in a 6 year old engine... Could you remind me which make oil you have?

Quote:
That'd be weird for a diesel.
Does it have to crank harder or ???
The engine being harder to start when warm may be totally subjective: in traffic I'm in more of a hurry to start and go than in my driveway, so at home I may not count every millisecond it takes to fire up. Though maybe when the engine is warm the ECU delivers less fuel at start-up?
What I do notice while panicking that a BMW or Golf III will outrace me when the light turns green is that I don't have instant-on engine starting, it catches on the 2nd or 3rd turn. Maybe I need to look for a new starter motor? Maybe upgrade to a 24V unit?

Quote:
If you ever get it refilled, have them put in some UV-reactive leak finding fluid as well. It stains the area around the leak.
Volvo puts it in as standard (marked as such in the vicinity of the refrigerant), maybe Peugeot does as well ?
The last recharge (last June) was colored, but I haven't had time to look for the leak under the engine or inside the dashboard. I don't even want to think about taking the latter apart

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread