View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 10:25 PM   #5039 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Only 29 hours left for carbonite to download everything. haha. It was 33 hours 2 days ago. We are planning on getting the boards for the "1000amp" made on or around the 13th of this month! hurray! Well, I think the theoretical max current will be 140amp*12.

And this time I'm just paying for it, so when it doesn't work and is a worthless pile of yeller monkeyturds, I won't feel as horrible.
Man oh Man, this thing really needs to be checked carefully this time. If I'm not mistaken, it might be attempt #4 for me or something like that. haha.

My only concern is the different propagation delay introduced from using multiple HCPL-4506 optocouplers. according to the datasheet, they should all be within 100ns of each other. Each group of 3 mosfets will have its own isolated 15v supply. I wonder if I could practically match them. LIke buy 100 of them, and group them by propagation delay. I taught my first statistics class this last quarter, so I bet there's some random statisticky thing I could do hahaha. Boy that class was awful.