View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 11:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

I found HONDA louvers on my used CRX when I bought it. I know it's not perfect aero , but I appreciate being cooler in the car w/o AC. I've gotten 62.something mpg. 4 times on trips so far, so I don't consider it's weight penalty? that overwheming right now! The 1st gen. is nearly a modern classic, so the louvers fit the time period.

I think that they would help any car w flying buttresses type rooflines.

Think of the factory re-do to make the Dodge Charger's rear window better for the Daytona version!

I would think the '68-70 Chargers, the '66-59 GM intermediates such as Chevelle's, Skylark's etc... need the filler!

The Pantera is very dirty aero wise in this area, Fiero's, X1/9's, and so on, and on!

It would seem that louvers would have some down force effect, w/o the added penalty of traditional stand up, or lip spoilers?

I find the mesh venting? on the lowest tier of the pictured Delorean interesting!

Would that act, and position qualify TO be called a spoiler????

Interesting subject!

Some holes need to be filled on some cars. I think the Pantera, and X1/9 make that obvious, that w/o a complete Daytona like redo; the louvers are the best Bandaid??? I know the Fiat is almost PU like, and actually needs flying buttresses for look's improvement!