View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I'm doing the same thing, Joe... I recently bought VX wheels to put onto my 1998 DX. I am waiting, running down my current tires on the current wheels. But in my searches, I found that only Kumho seems to have a LRR tire for 13" wheels. I have also tried to find taller tires for taller gearing, which is also way-tough. Look at the 13" Kumho on tirerack.com ... do me a favor? PM me about your search and we'll trade more notes maybe as we hunt.

Cheers,
james

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1234 View Post
Actually, it looks like [-U-R-L="h-t-t-p://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=135&Cookie=froogle&details=Ordern&ty p=R-155897&ranzahl=4&nichtweiter=1"]these[/URL] tires are a better value
If you do the math, each dollar spent buys you 11.35 'units of tread wear rating' for the "Sunny" brand tires while the same dollar only buys you 9.82 'units of tread wear rating' for the Sumitomo tires. All other factors are the same.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.