View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
creosote7
EcoModding Lurker

New Member..Looking to buy 98 Civic HX

I recently found this forum and have gleaned much excellent information in that past week. I'm looking at a 98 Honda Civic HX that is locally forsale and wanted to get your feedback. I'm going to look at it today and have talked to the owner. I see several folks here have Civic's and are getting great mileage results. I've owned many hondas but never a HX or CVT version. The mod that's been down is a custom (maybe a K&N?) air intake as seen in the picture. Overall looks pretty good given the year..Just a little concerned about these HX engines after seeing some other user's have engine issues due to low oil capacity (3 qts), etc.

Please let me know what you think...

Listing text:

I have a 98 Civic HX. auto with only 149K original miles. 2 doors coupe, 4 cyl in great condition. It Drives and runs good. power windows and locks. Nice sony CD player. good tires and brakes with original Honda Alloy Wheels. Cold AC and hot heat. body is in good condition and clean interior. needs front shocks. recent timing belt and water pump changed at 142K miles. clean title

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	civic-hx1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	9421   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic-hx2.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	9422   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic-hx3.jpg
Views:	61