View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #51 (permalink)
redyaris
Master EcoModder

redyaris - '07 Toyota Yaris
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.54 mpg (US)

Gray - '07 Suzuki GS500 F
Motorcycle
90 day: 70.4 mpg (US)

streamliner1 - '83 Honda VT500 streamliner
Motorcycle
90 day: 75.63 mpg (US)

White Whale - '12 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van
90 day: 22.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pletby View Post
Rock on man! Great job!

I found I CAN actually restart and put my car in drive at speed without any catastrophic failure! (by accident) I tried pulse and glide tonight for the first time with this car. Smooth as silk as long as I stay out of the range of 2nd gear where it bumps a bit. Look for big change in my results with this next tank. I can see where I'll need to plug in the car now though (charger installed) as I am going a LONG way with the engine off, then using the starter. LOG(ing) away! I'm so happy!
Will you be starting a fuel log for the echo work car? Its good to hear you are having success with the bumpstarting.
The 2 weeks between fuel ups seems so long I get impatiant to see the new numbers for 90 day mpg. The next jump will be to 59mpg if I can keep up the results I am getting now. I emagine that after 59 mpg the number will rise more slowly as I aproach the 64mpg limit I am at now. I will soon be in the top ten gas cars group. I will then have to find some other way to the top, a boat tail perhaps...