View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #509 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumnasgt View Post
People that drive with their rear fog lights on...
I agree -- they either think it's the front set of lights, or they want to brag about their upscale option and announce it to the world.

But as an EcoDriver, I find myself needing some extra illumination on multi-lane highways. Just today, I drove the speed limit in a construction zone and just about got plowed-over by multiple drivers (semi-trucks included).

On 2+ Lane interstates, I drive 10-under the limit and stay out of the way in the slow lane. So, I drive with headlights/taillights on day or night, just for extra "noticability" back there (I know it pulls more FE, but safety is a big concern -- on the Hybrid, the DRLs with parking-lights are just the addition of city-lights up front and LEDs in the rear -- a good compromise).

A brighter set of rear fog(s) might give better visibility for us "slow-pokes".

I know Volvo has them standard on many models here and is optional for the upscale German brands. Honestly, before I knew what they were, I thought it was a wiring/bulb malfunction -- "Wow, lots of those Mercedes have that same brake-light issue"

So then my official complaint -- people who don't drive with their headlights on when it's getting dark outside! Just because people have electro-luminescent gauges so they can see their speed 24/7, means they can forget about flipping on the headlights. We don't have a DRL law here -- it's just an added safety feature. In this State though, we have a law to "Use Headlights When Wipers Are Required". Not so much there either...

RH77

_
_