View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Welcome back! Pretty clean looking car. You planning any mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5speed5 View Post
You guys might remember me form my thread about my Chevy Colorado:
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...-my-14434.html

Well, I recently sold that to a friend of mine who needed a 4WD truck
more than I do, plus my kids hated riding anywhere in those small rear jumper seats in the ext-cab. So, with the money from that sale, I bought a 2006 Chevy HHR 2LT:

I've always loved these cars and this one is loaded with nearly everything, including leather seats...and it cost the same price as what I sold my truck for. (What a step up from the Colorado which was a base model.) I drove it home from Phoenix, AZ to NM and averaged 32.6 mpg. Since then I've aired the tires up to 40 psi and started hypermiling on my commute and my fuel-computer reads 38.6 mpg so far (w/~60 miles on the trip odometer). Hoping to break 40. The best I ever mustered with the Colorado was 30.8 mpg.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.