View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 04:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
I don't mind not getting tax write offs for any solar I install, but I don't like the fact that coal and oil get big tax write offs and tend to have some of the largest tax refunds of anyone in the country, so in the end more of my tax dollar is going to coal and oil then could ever go to renewable energy.

I was a little shocked to hear that companies like Evergreen Solar went under, but they were also working with some very new ideas in manufacturing solar panels, things like growing silicon in ribbons instead of in round rods, so they spent a lot on new tec that never hit the main stream and yet for every solar panel manufacturer that I hear about going under in the USA I hear about two new factories opening up here.
On top of all of that, the installed price of solar is getting to that price point that people only dreamed of 10 years ago and it's been proven time and time again that it will last, to the point where your big question is not how you are going to pay for it, but who is going to get your solar electric system in your will.