View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 AM   #36 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
In the first half of 2008 when gas was approaching $4 a gallon, I remember a Geo Metro with super low miles that sold for $8000 on epay. I had a heck of a time selling my VX when it had been wrecked. It only had 62k miles and ran and drove perfectly. It was hit in the rear end which is basically a box that follows the front around.

My current solution is a $3750 motorcycle that gets 84 MPG. My car gets 34, and the old truck gets 18. The truck uses one tank of fuel (16 gals) every 5 weeks. The Altima uses about 16 gals a month. The bike uses .5 gal a day when I drive it or 15 a month if I rode it 40 miles a day.

Truck $1350 will be sold when house is sold (reason for owning).
Car $11900 would sell it today if I could get enough for it.
Bike $3700 I am working on another cheap abused bike which might replace it if it runs well and gets good enough mileage.

Why did you sell the Chevette? Many people think I was crazy for selling the Civic, when it had nothing wrong with it, but it really was not the ride for the wife and myself when we are together. She hates hypermiling and the bike was the best solution for me, since she will never ride with me.

regards
Mech