View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 10:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
I did miss it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobnev View Post
Did you miss my earlier post?
Yes I did, sorry. It's interesting too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobnev View Post
~3.5v extra on the feedback line wold allow you to drain the deep cycle to 11v and then the alt would come online to maintain that charge level. (not charge the battery beyond that tho)
I have to admit that this is a bit beyond my familarity and knowledge right now. I'm still an "apprentice" perhaps a "journeyman" ... I have no "masterpieces" in me yet. Between this and your other post it seems to me you are recommending a second set of batteries to trick the alt into staying off until a designated voltage low is reached, triggering the alt to turn on and recharge all the batteries, then shut off. What size batteries are the NiMH ones you suggest and how would I identify the feedback line (yes, that's how green I am... I am unfamiliar with the feedback line). Thanks!

BTW, just got my best run to work yet, possibly 10% over my previous high even though that was on a warm summer day and this was a misty cool fall morning.
james
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.