View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 AM   #59 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1234 View Post
Is there another, more fuel efficient Honda that I'm forgetting?
I've also owned a first gen 1985 CRX HF, it had a lot of interesting bits about it to help squeeze that extra few MPG out, like an aluminum air cleaner housing to keep the weight down, 12lb steel wheels, a single piece exhaust from the oil pan to the tip of the muffler (over 9 feet long!) and in 1986 that same car would have had aluminum rear brake drums.

I also owned a 1983 Civic DX hatch back that I installed a Civic FE hatch back transmission in, I only owned it for a year and still had a lot of work to do getting it running better but was getting mileage in the mid 40's, the Civic FE was supposed to get mileage in the mid 50's with it's 1.3L engine and later body styles got in the upper 50's low 60's if I remember correctly.

Then yesterday I borrowed my parents Honda N600, no EPA numbers on that, but depending on how you drive it your mileage can range from 40mpg up to 70mpg, theirs needs a tune up and has a gas leak so it's getting mid to upper 40's right now.

An Insight is next on my list of cars to get, unless I just skip driving gas cars all together and find a good way to heat an electric car in the winter.