View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
Welcome to the site! I loved the Maxx hatchback for family trips. It really hauled extra cargo with ease. Not as good on the mileage, though.

I'll always like the 2004-2008(fleet) Malibu Sedan (especially the ones with XM Radio). I don't know how many 1000's of miles were covered over the years with different ones, but I knew in either the V-6 or 4, I could count on good mileage.

Too bad about the transmission. I had transmission problems with a Chevy a while back too.

Speaking of Rally-Style, do you follow the sport? I work the 100-Acre Wood Rally America National Championship Series in Missouri (for the last 3 years). Talk about a blast! I usually end up with a mid-size SUV as the Stage Medic -- but fun can still be had

Feel free to introduce yourself in the Intro forum, and again welcome!

RH77

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam728 View Post
Good write up.

I currently drive a 2005 Malibu with the 6 cylinder. Plenty of power, and decent mileage too. Unfortunately all my mpg tracking has been just writing it down on reciepts and never really organizing it all, but my lows are in the 28 mpg range, high is over 34 mpg, and "normal" is 32ish. Was handed to me with ~50,000 miles on it when I got my new position, now is on the edge of 100,000 miles. I know I haven't been the nicest too the car, and I think the previous driver didn't care much either, at least judging by the amount of dog hair, coffee stains, and junk that was in it when I recieved it. I don't really beat on it, but I also don't treat it the same as if I owned it (quick lube oil changes, going over on oil changes, not bothering to slow for speed bumps, etc).

Problems
Radio buttons wearing down, clearish white under the black surface
Transmission shift solenoid went out, was stuck in 3rd gear. Cost nearly $1700 to repair because the transmission had to come out of the car and get disassembled to get to the stupid solenoid.

Otherwise a pretty decent car. I've rented the Malibu Maxx before and prefer the rear hatch style over the sedan, mostly because I sometimes am throwing a bicycle or tool box or motorcycle parts in the back, and a hatch is just handier. Can't compare mileage, as the Maxx was a rental, and well, was driven accordingly (rural dirt roads, rally style, maye 16-17 mpg, sorry RH77!)

_
_