View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 PM   #384 (permalink)
bondo
Master EcoModder

I would love to skip the Patent process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFECO View Post
bondo, I understand you, and the rest of us, are wishing to get these produced. Without reading all the posts again, have you looked into building them your self, with some help, and just bypassing the Patent ordeal? I have some friends with a fiberglass production company, mainly water and septic tanks using chopper-gun sprayed over molds. With the current business climate around here, some new products could be of interest to them.
I cannot bypass the Patent process because there are two applications for a Patent on an aerodynamic truck cap which have been filed right after mine with the USPTO (Patent Office). One is just a few months after the date I filed mine. Luckily I am in the drivers seat right now with the earliest filing date and I must maintain it.

I appreciate you referring me to the company you know of that does fiberglass fabrication. If I was to set up production on my own or with another established company without a Patent in force, then if either of the two people who have filed applications after me are granted a Patent, they would then sue me for Patent infringement.

Best of luck to you CFECO with the X-Car. I wish I had the skill set to develop a vehicle like that.

Bondo

Last edited by bondo; 09-28-2011 at 07:33 PM..