View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #5099 (permalink)
adamj12b
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac_alaska View Post
Hey all, i almost have my board totally soldered. Somehow i seem to have not ordered the xtal, so that order is going to go in soon, maybe tomorrow morning when i'm not half asleep. Also, what is the proper current sensor and temperature sensor to use? i might as well order all of these at the same time. I am building the control board for the 1ka "revision 1A" controller.

I also had a couple questions about some of the holes on the board. on the right side of the xtal, there is a box around two holes, but it's not labeled with anything. on the left side of the xtal (just on the other side of c21) are two more of these boxes, each with two small holes inside them. I'm also unsure as to what the two sets of 3 holes each are for right under LED1 (the holes marked + and -)

my last question (for now, ha!) is where does power for the IGBT driver come from? on the driver pcb and in the schematic for it, it shows that it needs +15V. do i need to get a 12V-15V dc-dc for this? thanks in advance!

-isaac

If memory serves, the 2 holes with the box around them is the few unused pins of the micro being broken out for individual use.

As for your last question, you answered it in the previous question.

The power for the IGBT comes from the triple via's marked + and -

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com