View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 05:35 PM   #119 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

I have no plans for any more mods at all, I may become an Eco-non-modder Actually that is slightly true, I have plans but no intention / motivation or time.

I may seem like I'm in a sulk, and maybe I am - or maybe at least a half sulk. I'm kind of like D0simatr (spelling) a few weeks ago when he posted a thread about giving up - I'm not seeing many (if any) benefits of mods other than to me as the "nut behind the wheel".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my change to George or the changes I have made - George is saving me about £200 a year in insurance and £110 a year in taxes before I even drive him. He is also quieter, better riding and more relaxing even with narrow tyres at 45 PSI.

My "one person on ignore" will no doubt say I am engaged in whining, so I thought I would tap it first - hi T....

But most of my journeys are short and urban. My trip to work and family commitments mean biking or walking is out - the journey is too long. But it is also too short to see a measurable gain from aero mods, and it has a lot of crawling traffic so no engine off opportunities, and a lot is crawling up hill. I can't change when I travel either.

And as winter is now here meaning dark nights after work (yeah right, its 10:30 pm here and I'm still working ) results in no time to really crack on and do more stuff. Weekends are (rightly) spent with A-junior as much as I can so no mods there too.

So, for the moment at least, I'm done.