View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
Although the weather has cooled 30 or so degrees since the last event, a few of us are going out one more time this year and trying for new personal bests. [My personal best was actually done with my Datsun B210 @ 77.04 mpg in 2009].

I am making no changes to my SE-R for Saturday, except for removing all of the E10 gasoline from it and switching to ethanol free gasoline. Although it used to be sold in three different stations here in the capital district of NY, suddenly there are none. I had the presence of mind to bring gas cans with me last month when I went to Watkins Glen for the Vintage GP Festival. There is an ethanol free station in Montour Falls, NY, just outside of Watkins Glen. I bought 15 gallons @ 4.09/gal. It is rated at 89 octane.

OK fine, but how do I know the gas I bought out there is really ethanol free? I didn't, so I bought a Fuel Testers ethanol test kit. Tonight I tested the fuel and was very pleased that it is 100% pure, the real deal. Then I tested the E10 that I drained out of my car and sure enough, it tested at just under 10% ethanol.

I am very pleased with the kit. Looking forward to seeing you there Ken. Lets hope for good weather.