View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Green Eggs and Sam
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the video link Kodak, awesome stuff there!

There are several hangups with this assignment that is making it more difficult than it needs to be, which is frustrating.

1. 600 word maximum. I filed a story with 621 words a few days ago, and it was rejected until I could re-edit it to meet that requirement. The prof also asked for more detail, but that's a whole different story.
2. I need a minimum of 3 sources. I have a wonderful guy from http://100mpg.ca/, and an anti-hypermiling poster from beyond.ca Car Blog who has also agreed to talk to me IRL. That's why I'm looking for someone local to add a "face" to the story, and to make it locally relevant. One of those "If they can do it, so can you!" kind of stories.

There is more, but complaining about my obstacles isn't going to get me any closer to my goal (of writing this story, becoming more educated, and accumulating a massive amount of student debt. Take your pick, lol)

All great stuff though Kodak, food for thought at the very least.

I DID want to write about my adventure in attempting to hypermile, but that may have to wait until summer, as my car is kind of a death trap... and stuff. (photo here: My car smells like gas, oil, and... burning? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!)