View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hubert Farnsworth
EcoModding Lurker

Planet Express Ship - '94 Geo Prizm LSI
90 day: 36.57 mpg (US)
I've used tirerack.com to do some research, however if you order the tires from them you need to pay the shipping separately, and then find a local shop to install them. The shipping charges seem to me to cost as much as if not more so than the actual retail price of the tires, assuming you could find them locally, the cheapest tires available in my size are the yokohama avid-s at 60 each + around 40 to ship them (or around 300 + the road hazard waranty+ finding a shop who will install tires you didn't buy from them, the good shops will do this, the bad ones won't so avoid them...). However they are only temperature rated b for speeds from 100 to 115, the old tires were good for 115+ mph, not that I'll need to go that quickly or that the car will run that fast. I do however like knowing that they won't blow up at speed, as that can have disastrous consequences. The good news is the higher tread wear rating over the h418s and the higher max inflation pressure, although I'll still need to do some more research.