View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
TXwaterdog
EcoModding spendthrift

WindedWarrior - '12 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 33.46 mpg (US)
Being a Realtor, I work from home most of the time and only go to appointments when I schedule them... So, when commuting I generally take the route that gives me less of a headache. Typically that's the quickest, shortest route that gives me the best mpgs. When driving during the dreaded beginning of workday or end of workday I take the back way which is longer and less congested but has more stoplights. Generally I take more stoplights over slowed traffic/traffic jams. They are timed fairly well and I don't usually catch but a few of the many.

I try to avoid driving during the congested times at all costs but sometimes it happens. I like to stop and grab a bite to eat while everyone hits the daily traffic or I stop and go tour a house, talk to a client, go fishing, play a round of Disc golf... you get the idea. it helps that I don't have kids to come home to and my GF is very good to me.

"May the wind always be at your back and the sun always upon your face. May the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."
~ Boston George

Last edited by TXwaterdog; 10-25-2011 at 12:08 AM..