View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
F8L
EcoModding Apprentice

F8L's 2012 Prius - '12 Toyota Prius Three with Solar Roof
90 day: 62.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy View Post
I actually have the Michelin MXM4 tires installed now. It doesn't seem like the ones they reviewed are the "GreenX" LRR version that I have. So far, I like them, but I haven't been able to test them extensively just yet. I have ~ 1,000 miles on them at this point, but that is mostly city driving on relatively warm, dry pavement.

I've seen about a 10% improvement in fuel economy, but that is in comparison to a high-performance summer tire. Of course, that mileage might improve once the tires finish breaking in. The dry traction is, obviously, a downgrade, but they seem to handle well enough. Still, I know that I can induce a power slide on demand... maybe not a good thing.

I'll have to do a follow up when I have more information. Winter is around the corner, so I'm sure to see some wet (and possibly snowy) conditions soon. I also have a few long highway trips to make, plus my freeway driving should be increasing in frequency.
The size they tested is greenx rated. What size are you running? I have them in a 215/45/17 so the mpg is not great but they are very quiet, ride great and handle very well for a touring tire. I have to push them pretty hard before I hear any complaints and I have a few suspension upgrades so this car is no tuna boat. lol

Keep us posted on your experience with them. I don't know anyone else that has them to compare notes with.
2012 Prius Three with Solar Roof - Blizzard Pearl w/dark gray interior: Prius Plug-In 15" Wheels | Michelin Energy Saver A/S 195/65/15 tires | TRD Lowering Springs | WeatherTech FloorLiners | Scangauge II | Morimoto/DDM HIDs 5000K | Clazzio Leather Seat Covers | Best Tank: 71.7mpg@702miles | Best Trip: 95.9mpg@233miles