View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
diesel_john
MP$

Send a message via MSN to diesel_john
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGrey View Post
Using a wideband to lean out your mixture involves setting the gauge or driving unit to produce a 0-5 linear AFR voltage. This voltage must be fed to a switching circuit that produces 0v when the input voltage is above a certain threshold and 0.9v when the input voltage is below a certain threshold. In effect, you're deciding at what ratio you tell the ECU it's running lean or rich. The result is you train the ECU around a ratio of your liking. Though I cruise as lean as 18:1:1, I find that 16.2:1 produces the best economy for my vehicle.
Joesph Davis quote,
The Innovate Motorsports LC-1 can be calibrated to output a custom 0-1 volt signal, as can other units on the market. It is much easier to buy an inexpensive feature rich wideband and then pointy-clicky the desired output with a computer than it is to build an op-amp circuit and correctly tweak it to work as you wish.

Now i understand this was the missing link in my thinking, i didn't get how the ECU could understand the signal from the Wide band. Thanks, guys

Do any of you gentlemen have any affiliation with the products mentioned so far in this thread?

Last edited by diesel_john; 05-18-2008 at 11:36 AM..