View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobnev View Post
I see you car has the same hair brained design with the ignition module and coil inside the distributor as mine. :P (Heat shortens the life of these things)

It seems as the pump is working(Do you smell gas at the tail pipe after an attempted start?)

(And you actually checked for spark right?)

With a brand new module your next suspects are: signal from the ECU to the module, and the ignition coil. (I guess B+ and ground to the module as well)

Lack of signal can be caused by bad cam angle sensors(or their wiring)
Thanks guys... I have my new list of things to check... this time I want to follow method correctly. I knew to test for power and continuity at the ICM before installing. But I got impatient last night, in the dark, because I needed the car this morning. So I skipped that testing. Gotta slow down and test more possibilities before deciding. AND ... thanks for the tips.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.