View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy View Post
I am just upset by the fact that so many of the parties involved in doing research are biased or trying to make a point.
Ditto ... but not just the research ... if anything the research itself ( not the reporters coverage of it ) ... at least the research itself often times is at least specific in outlining the scope and source of their claims.

While others ( reporters and others ) ... too often try to apply specific research results out of context , out of scope ... to their own bias.

If anything I prefer the researchers ... at least they give their sources ... and list the limits of the scope and context of their basis and conclusions.

From my perspective the issue depends on the specifics of the comparison ... there is no always A or always B ... on either side.

BEVs have their pros and cons ... ICEs have their pros and cons ... Neither side should ignore or try to talk around their cons or the others pros... use the right tool for the right job.

Or said another way ... Don't get defensive about your screwdriver when someone tells you about the benefits of a hammer... yes, even if you can pound in nails with your screw driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to IamIan For This Useful Post:
Ladogaboy (10-31-2011)