View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
CigaR007
Master EcoModder

GreenTurtle (Retired) - '01 Toyota Echo Sedan
90 day: 44.85 mpg (US)

Zulu - '14 Honda CR-Z
90 day: 49.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post

So far here are the candidates

Subaru Impreza 2.5TS Wagon....unfortunatelly, for such a small car it gets bad MPG due to the AWD. This is so far my primary choice. asthetically pleasing interior and exterior.
Note that the 2012 impreza has a smaller displacement engine, 2.0 to be precise. According to Subaru, one tank can yield 1000 km, and that is surprisingly good given its AWD nature. It has the best fuel economy for an AWD car sitting at 27/36 according to Subaru. Not only is the new engine more frugal, it is more responsive and SMALLER !

2012 Subaru Impreza: Deep Dive
Quote:
"The profile of the front, the sharpness everywhere, all this was about fuel economy, with considerations of aesthetics afterward," said Lin. The race to improve gas mileage was the one Subaru felt it had to win. Big.

"We optimized the length and profile of the roof and the sharp edges get air off the car and away from it instead of being turbulent against the car, and sucking against the car in the rear. It reduced drag, and we have a much-reduced Cd" says Lin. That's how the new Impreza gets 36 miles per gallon on the highway, a new record for a production all-wheel-drive car."
I was told it will be available in November.

I am also considering a new car, well my parents are, and the 2012 Impreza wagon is at the top of their list.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by CigaR007; 11-04-2011 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: clarification