View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
How many on this thread have 60,000 hours experience working on cars. That was earning a living working on cars, and never spending a second in court explaining your methods of solving problems for thousands of people.

Race car drivers like negative camber for cornering. The springs on your car are most likely perfectly functional. If you want the car lower then take off 10-15% of the total spring length. You can test the vehicle by loading it to capacity to see the ride height you do not want to exceed by lowering.

While you have it apart replace the bump stops or you will wipe out the shocks. Even though they may look good they are probably old. Seen to many shock jobs ruined by not replacing the bump stops.

Now if you have to put some "performance" aftermarket shocks or springs on your car, and you can not be convinced otherwise, do your due diligence and thoroughly research the comments of those who have preceded you in that effort.

I never charged people for advice, I just wrote this exact same thing on their Repair Order so when they forgot the good advice and chose to ignore it, it was documented to protect me from their actions years later.

What is on your car has passed the test of time and will work just fine? You already paid for them when you bought the car, and if you are careful, and you do not carry max loads, you can accomplish your objective with some sweat equity. Stronger spring, lower ride height, new bump stops to preserve your existing struts, all for just the cost of the bump stops.

regards
Mech
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-05-2011), jime57 (11-05-2011), TEiN (11-08-2011)