View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lee View Post
I used to corner like that but eventually I got tired of ruining good tires with lots of tread left due to belt separations and sidewall bulges.
I really didn't have trouble with tires Frank. If my old brain can remember right I put a brand new set of Goodyear Polyglass tires on the Vette. Double the yellow sign max speed limit on corners. It would do 65 in first and 105 in second (with the 3.08 gear and a M22 wide ratio). I even wore out the manual steering box and drove it to work when it would not even turn left, just right. Had to go through the intersection and back up to go left but just to work.

It had a 4.11 gear in it and I tore that up in a couple of weeks. Got a 3.08 for $25 and swapped it out. Had to pull one of the headers off to change the starter. Paid $2000 for the car. That year I made $13,500 and maxed out on Social Security the only time in my life I did that. No rubber bushings in the suspension, it was basically a 53 Chevrolet front end, all threaded steel bushings and 3k mile chassis lube intervals. The engine and tranny came out of a 71 Z28.

Black on Black, only had the hardtop.

regards
Mech