View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
California, do you have any pics posted up with of your spoiler and spats? Ill do some searching today and see what I can find, but Ide love to see more!
Matt
Here's the chin spoiler, or front air dam. It's a link to a pic in my EM photo album. There is a side shot in the album too. I don't have a shot of the spats, since I took them off recently after one got loose. I want a better attachment strategy now that the rainy season is on me. I think duct tape will work, but I need cleaner surfaces and tighter seals when I apply it.

Here is the pic. The lower grill block has been rebuilt, so that there is just one opening, left of center, directly in front of the radiator and ducted to it. Soon I plan to fill in both upper and lower blocks, fiberglass them, and make smooth surfaces, but I need more time:

Hope that helps. I might redo it too. I want the ends to come closer to the front wheel wells. Lawn edging is pretty cheap and I have plenty extra since I had no choice but to buy more than immediately needed, so the cost will be nil.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.

Last edited by California98Civic; 11-17-2011 at 04:19 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to California98Civic For This Useful Post:
Peter7307 (11-17-2011)