View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 AM   #34 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
There are own techigues to that also, you need to anticipate much earlier what will happen after 20 seconds etc. Same if you are driving heavy truck its more difficult to master perfectly, because situations will come to your eyes quite fast if you dont make your moves in advance...
You're right about that. I drive a heavy truck and quite a bit of it is out on the highway. You have to be thinking and looking a long way ahead. If I'm going 55 mph and I put it in neutral I can coast close to a mile. My "normal" glides from 45 mph down to 28 mph take almost 1 minute.

Thanks for the videos, I'm sure it took quite a lot of work. It also makes me realize how much you CAN'T capture in a video (when you're shifting, how fast you're going, what the road grade is, all those other small things that you're looking ahead for, all the things out of camera view, etc.). I've learned that all those things are important and it's easy to not see those things in the videos.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html