View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fr3AkAzOiD
Ecomodder

Cobalt XFE - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
Team Chevy
90 day: 41.1 mpg (US)

'05 Malibu V6 Tow Vehicle/Track Car - '05 Chevrolet Malibu LS V6
90 day: 23.12 mpg (US)

'08 XFE average for 2013 - '08 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE
90 day: 41.1 mpg (US)
My wife hates my hypermiling and any ecomods she can spot from less then 10ft.
She also doesn't recycle which has started fights when I start pulling stuff out of the trash bag that should have been recycled.

The only thing I have been able to do to her car is raise the tire pressure to around 38 - 40 psi (sidewall max 44 psi). Even that was only because she got a slow leak once and since I only check her car out once between me doing oil changes it had gotten down to like 25 psi. She doesn't even think of it as an eco mod but instead as a safety feature in the case of a slow leak it would give more time to notice that change.

I have no clue what gas mileage she gets due the the mpg meter in her car being much more inaccurate then mine and when she got tires a few years ago she got the wrong size and her speedometer is off and reads about 4% faster then she is actually going making her odometer off and tracking at the pump inaccurate also. I guess you could call that a stealth mod as she always thinks she is going 2 or 3 mph faster then she actually is. Unfortunate the 80k mile tires she got are far from LRR tires.

I do plan on replacing her tires sometime next year with some LRR all season tires and having an alignment done to bring the car a little closer to 0 toe which should help

2012 mpg