View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #76 (permalink)
Stuart89
EcoModding Lurker

I have to say, I am impressed.

Impressed at how ridiculously stupid this thread is.

Firstly, why would you buy a mini cooper s, a car with a SUPERCHARGER that will barely do anything over 30mpg if you were that obsessed about mpg? Why didnt you just buy a diesel that can do over 60mpg with no bull**** strapped to it, or even just a normal petrol? Even a turbo petrol is a better option, supercharged enginers are the worst form for MPG...

Then the mods, what the absolute **** have you done? You added loads of **** that just ruined the car and you completely missed the BEST forms of increasing your MPG!

Rotational mass has around 4 times the effect of stationary mass, taking 5kg off each wheel results in taking 80kg out of the car, so rather than foolishly blocking off the grills to starve your car of air, why havent you changed the wheels to lightweight options? Why havent you changed the tyres to less resistive ones? Why havent you reduced the weight of the brakes, driveshafts or pulleys? Why havent you clayed and waxed the car to make it more streamlined and therefore slip easier through the air? I find it so funny that you have done some stupid **** to the car rather than address the biggest factors on the MPG.

And heres the biggest gem of the thread... You removed the spoiler because the car will rarely do over 100mph, then admitted to rarely using the highway. But you then spend all your time doing aerodynamic **** when they wont even have an affect because you will never be going fast enough to create any air resistance of any importance.................. Do you know nothing from motorsport? It is very general knowledge that aerodynamics have almost no affect under 100mph, so all the **** you have done wont change anything while you are doing stop/start city driving, other than make you look like a fool.

Even more unbelievable is the amount of support you got, Im amazed.