View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Adventures in LA transportation

Hey All!

This past weekend, my wife and I flew out to the Los Angeles area to go to my brother's wedding. (I was doing the photography)

Fun trip to study different ways of getting around.

We flew from Milwaukee to L.A.
Took Hotel Shuttle bus from airport to hotel (Natural Gas powered!)
I saw an official electric vehicle charging station, complete with two electric RAV-4s! Also right there was a Might-E truck electric utility vehicle.

I saw at least two GEM cars driving around EL Segundo.

We road the Metro Bus, the Beach City Transit, The Manhattan Beach Trollery, the Big Blue Bus (Santa Monica), and took light rail all the way to Long Beach, where I found out I just missed the Clean Air Car Show the day before!

I saw people roller blading and bicycling on the beach bike paths. Half of everyone looked like they were actually biking and blading as transportation, not just entertainment. I saw one bike that was belt-driven, no chain at all!

I promise to upload photos of the electric car charging station as soon as I work on all my other photos.

Sure looked like a lot of public transportation, bike lanes, and electric vehicles. Not to mention all the CRXs I saw in perfect condition - no winter road salt!!!

An what's the deal with all the old VW busses out there? There were one zillion of them! Do they still make them in Mexico and sneak em across the border?

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos