View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #335 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric240d View Post
I purchased an MPGuino at the beginning of October. It took 1 month to arrive and I very carefully installed it and found that only the screen back-light would come on (no characters). At this point Amy B instructed me to ship it back to her and pay for return postage. I did this at the beginning of November and since then I have been unable to get a reply from her since, despite 4 polite emails since the beginning of December.

I think that this kind of treatment is unreasonable. I know this is a "donation," but I expected a working device in return, as claimed at opengauge.org. All I have gotten is a lot of frustration.

At this point I am unsure I will ever see a working MPGuino, and of course it is too late to dispute with paypal. Of course what I really want is a working MPGuino...I would really appreciate some reply from Amy about my case.
Well just so you guys know (you're not alone), the first mpguino I bought was junk. Froze all the time, had to unplug it to get it to work again for 1-5 days then it froze again.

I bought another and have had zero problems for 8 months or so. So beware, you get what you pay for, a grass roots, might work device with zero help or sympathy from the maker. I had to buy another one rather then get mine replaced for free. I will say its a super awesome little device though now that its working.