View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtrain View Post
I see the its the blk/yel too. but do like you say and pull pins first before you start cutting in to it.
Tried pulling the wire tonight but got shy about yanking the line. I think I want to try the pulling experiment only after I find where the wire enters the cabin. I'll pull it there.

So, I traced the blk/yel through the engine harness to the connector where it changes color and then enters the engine bay. Eventually, I'll do a write-up once I get it all figured out. Right now, here is the engine bay wire harness diagram. In the upper right, see C101. That is the connector near the grommet to the engine bay. Numbers T101 and C104 below C101 are for the power line from alt to batt and the 4P connector.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	engine compartment wire harness1.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	9911  
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.