View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethedethius View Post
I'm wondering what mods I can do to my Silverado to get the most bang for my buck. If you are going to say get a smaller car please don't post here. Looking for legit stuff I can do that seems almost seamless to the look of the truck...

I was thinking a grill block, but I want it to match the truck.
I was also thinking a partial underneath cover, possibly just covering the engine area... Would that help at all?
Details on your truck? 2wd/4wd? What engine? What is your current mileage? Tonneau cover/canopy/open bed?

I've got an '03 Silverado. 4.8L, 2wd, ext cab long bed, work truck. I started averaging 15mpg (with canopy and roof rack) in mixed driving on my commute to low 20's this summer. I'm a little lower now due to winter and new tires that may not have been a good choice for mpgs (still not sure on that). Link in my signature shows what I've done (some pics have dead links, they were reposted later in the thread).

Grill block and partial belly pan made of black corex (similar to coroplast) made a noticeable difference. It was more effective in front of the grill than behind though.

My biggest improvement came from buying an Ultra-gauge. This allowed me to really see the effect of driving habits and keep close tabs on mpgs (my work truck doesn't report this at all). It's inexpensive and highly recommended.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods