View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethedethius View Post
So I went back outside, in the lovely ohio weather we have (cold as hell).

I realize gaping space is disastrous for aerodynamics however, I must ask, which should I block? does it matter in the sense of which is higher? I know the lower your car is the better gas mileage you get cause less air is getting under it, but does that count here?

What could I use to block these? would some spray painted duck tape work??

I'm sure I can do a mount for an underbelly, but I'm not sure I want to extend it too far, my concerns would be draining oil... (though I don't change it much hah)

LASTLY!!!! The retched antenna, could I run a wire to the body and just bolt it there? Would that cause any kind of grounding issue? Would it cause any issues with the radio?

Help me out here!!! I'm a noob at this stuff!
<Pictures snipped>

Did you check out the thread on my truck in my sig?
http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ado-11135.html

It's got desciption and pictures of my grill block and belly pan for my truck which is the same body style truck as yours. Pics reposted on page 5 due to the dead links.

With the grill block, keep in mind that there are openings in the bumper that direct air to the radiator as well. Because of this, I blocked almost my entire grill, and would have done more except I was concerned about blocking airflow to the tranny cooler (which is on the driver's side, right in front of the radiator).

My belly pan extends back 4 feet, which is the width of a sheet of corex. This leaves the drain plug and filter accessible for oil changes.

I never did come up with a solution I liked for the holes in the bumper for the tow hooks.

They sell rolls of ~3/4" wide, adhesive backed, foam tape at home depot for insulation. This would likely fill gaps pretty well. I think others have used it on the forum. I'd recommend reading more and using the search engine for ideas.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods