View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #98 (permalink)
oldbeaver
EcoModding Apprentice

Mercedes 89 D - '89 Mercedes 300 E
90 day: 33.86 mpg (US)

Skodie - '09 Skoda Octavia TDI PD
90 day: 38.84 mpg (US)

1993 Mercedes 300D Turbo - '93 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo W124
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 9.61 mpg (US)

Crossie - '16 Subaru XV Crosstreak
90 day: 33.34 mpg (US)
To HOH or not to HOH, that is the question

Hello Daflea66,

I love people that do the things, that try them, despite any previous law that said he shouldn´t.

I think people that use the Thermodynamics law to say HOH will not work are wrong. They are making a wrong use of the law. They are not considering water as a fuel. It is.

The difference is that the refinery of diesel or gasoline works out of the car. There, it uses lots of energy to refine the fuel. From carbon, from diesel, from hydroelectricity, from Uranium.

In the case of HOH, we "refine" the fuel (put it in condition to work) onboard, so the energy expense is onboard.

However, to be sure that you are getting more fuel yield thanks to HOH, you must make measures rigorously.

In fuel yield there are many factors that affect results:

- wind speed (very important)
- slope of the road
- surface nature of the road
- traffic.
- speed of car (very important)
- load of car
- air density, depending on temp
- tires condition
- gear you are driving
- how you maintain or not a constant speed

to mention some.

Tell me how you made yr measures to compare fuel yield first, then I can give you my opinion on the validity of yr results and give you some suggestions to improve the method and the validity. Describe exactly how you did yr fuel yield calculation, with and without yr HOH generator.

Besides, put some pictures of it, to have an idea on how powerful it should be. I constructed two of them, the first used 30 amps of current and produced little gas. The second used 20 amps and produced lots of gas. As on any process, you may have an efficient generator or a very inefficient one.
That for the concrete results.

Second, what are yr fundamentals to think that HOH is improving diesel combustion over normal diesel engine? Is it a logical thought of yours based on yr results or is there some seroius research that demonstrates that?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Oldbeaver

Last edited by oldbeaver; 12-27-2011 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: Imrprove clarity