View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
darcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethedethius View Post
Dar, can you send me detailed pictures and descriptions on what you did? I want to add your mod to my truck-with an addition, I'm going to try to paint it the same color as the truck ;-)
Well, at first I made a grill block out of black, corex (Corex is basically the same stuff as coroplast, and is typically used for political campaign type signs. You can buy corrugated plastic from most any plastic supplier or sign shop for $15-20 per 4'x8' sheet. It comes in a wide range of colors, probably even a close enough color to your truck) sheet and attached it to the back of my grill using zip ties and small metal plates I had lying around for reinforcement:

I just started with cardboard, made a template, and then used it to cut out the plastic version. Pretty simple to do, really. It wasn't terribly effective behind the grill, I believe this was because it deflected and allowed air past it.

My second version was simply moving it to the front of the grill, which was more effective. And then adding a block to the lower part of the grill (leaving a hole for the tranny cooler):

I also built a belly pan. First, I made a pattern from cardboard, transferred to the corex sheet:

Made a metal framework, held together with 1/4" screws, fender washers, and speed nuts:

And, using more of the same hardware, mounted it in place:

I also want to build panels similar to #3 here:

But I haven't found the time. This will be a little trickier since there isn't much to attach to right there.

2001 Civic HX Mods

CTS-V

2003 Silverado Mods