View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
RH77
Depends on the Day

Teggy - '98 Acura Integra LS
Sports Cars
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

IMA - '10 Honda Insight EX
Team Honda
90 day: 34.76 mpg (US)

Tessie - '06 Acura TSX Base
90 day: 28.2 mpg (US)
A Better Oil Trap?

I have using a PCV catch device for about 3 years or more and collect quite a bit of blowby gunk that hopefully keeps the system cleaner downstream, and can be recycled instead of burned into the atmosphere (every little bit helps).

The PCV Catch Device when new: adapted from an air-compressor moisture filter

Recently, I emptied the container and clumsily broke-off the PCV Valve connection. So, I realized that I need a bigger container, with a more stable seal (heat destroyed the rubber seal pretty quickly after installation, so tightening the plastic to the metal made for a difficult change-out). The valve at the bottom was originally intended to allow the container to drain, but clogged over time.

There are a couple of other DIY builds here that are excellent, but not transparent to quickly check the level. When I pop the hood, it's likely the first thing that catches my eye, but it needs an improvement (I plan to implement the device on our 3 cars since it seems to work quite well).

Any ideas for a larger version of the pictured item?

RH77

_
_