View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #74 (permalink)
gdcwatt
EcoModding Lurker

I have no doubts that the most dangerous thing I do in a car is to actually stop, where and when I'm supposed to, for stop signs and red lights. It is not my intention to piss people off, or to hold up traffic, or use more fuel, rather I'm so often guilty of doing something else illegal (I was pulled over for driving 28 mph in a 25, a couple of years ago, and for turning "too slowly(?)") from one street onto another, that I decided that I'm not going to lose my license if I'm not having fun, if it turns out that a police car is following me. Okay, I do like to run up through the gears, and I know that the gas pedal can also be used to steer a car, and that using the bakes can let you drive faster.

BTW, I've had one ticket since the 1980's, some 400,000 miles ago...but several before that, when I used to drive slower. One daughter and I have been rear-ended 4 times during a recent four-year period, plus another three times when we were standing near our cars when they were also rear-ended. There's also no doubt that I've wasted a lot of gas, and time, driving the way that I have.

Last edited by gdcwatt; 01-11-2012 at 01:42 PM..