View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #5413 (permalink)
jyanof
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
OK, so the new controller blew up.
Bummer!
Quote:
So, I'm almost done now with the final touches on new boards for a high side controller.
I forgot what DCDC you were using on this new controller, but i just thought I'd remind you that those 6W Cincon DCDC's won't work in a high side configuration.
Quote:
There will be a mounting point for M-, M+, B-, and B+! Current will be sensed on M-, which will not have much varying voltage, since M- and B- will be a single bar. M- comes in one way, you sense the current and leave as B-. It's weird, but the current coming in and the current leaving will be different. haha.
so, in the new configuration, M+ (and the source pins of the mosfets) will now have a high dv/dt, right? Would you worry about any stray capacitance there?

just curious - could you leave it as a low side switch, but do the 'single bar' thing for M+ and B+ with your current sensor there? I bet you could hack this together even with the hardware and PCBs you have. This would put your current sensor on a 'solid' bus bar and M- will still have a high dv/dt, but maybe the problem goes away if the current sensor isn't on it. oh, and gate drive stays easy.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ting-9325.html
The Following User Says Thank You to jyanof For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (01-11-2012)