View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
bandit86
Master EcoModder

Buggie - '01 Vw Beetle TDI Gls
Late 70s TransAm to EV

I had a few TransAms in my life yet I being drawn to building an electric car and I thought I should kill two birds with one stone. But it would have to be somewhat cool ( high performance).
Replace automatic with a t5 and I would love to go vvvf I doubt it will happen but I can go with a large dc motor. If I aeromod the body it should be alright, carry 12-15 rv batteries where the engine used to be maybe a solar panel in he trunk lid and two in the hood. With a wide ratio transmission it should do a decent burnout. Small generator in the back just in case I could go more batteries but I don't want the engine bay too crowded. Actually I have a line on a 4horse kubota diesel engine, single cylinder 0.3l.

I know a lighter vehicle would be more practical this is just something cool to cruise in. Have 2 12 inch subs to blast top fuel dragster sounds while driving then pop hood at car show to amaze the crowds

Black with t-tops and the bird on the hood. I don't know how I could rework the front end to make it more aerodynamic by I'm guessing lots of lexan and creativity. Full belly pan.

No garage so I will have to wait for spring but until then I shall continue research. Ideas and suggestions? I could even go with an old Porsche 911 but the bird would have more room to convert