View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
kompressor
EcoModding Lurker

yea I have been into the performance driving for awhile, ive been making the car lighter and the wide sticky tires help the handling a lot but now im liking the idea of going for ultra mileage when not on the track. i just received my new custom lightweight flywheel and new custom clutch back from unorthedox racing. the flywheel was commissioned and ordered by a freind of mine but he got rid of his c coup so i bought it off him. on the dyno the flywheel was worth 11 hp since its so much lighter I guess I can figure out now if that will affect the gas mileage at all.

our digital camera just got broke this week, but I can take some pictures soon of the stock aero stuff based on what I am reading the aero stuff that works seems to be on the mercedes already in part maybe i can make it larger or better in some way. the clutch and flywheel go into the car in a few weeks. then i can commence the other modding . first goal is 40mpg !

I will also give our body shop a call and see what he thinks it would take to fabricate some front end parts.

also one more question for now is there any formula or rule of thumb for overall weight reduction vs gas mileage savings. ie if i do a carbon fiber hood, or carbon fiber door panels etc.. back seat delete maybe. the care is more or less 3300 pounds as is.