View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #170 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
ps2fixer,

My Probe is parked in the school parking ramp and my other two are plated and parked on my house in rural-ish MN. I'm not worried.

My uncle gave me a quick lesson in welding years ago but I'll have to get a job and buy a welder before anything happens.

I only have the money for the parts- that's one reason I am ecomodding: to save money. That said, I have a decent number of car friends who are willing to help me figure things out and work on stuff. Some nice drawings as thank-yous should keep the favors coming

I'm going to have someone help me look for spark before we squirt fuel everywhere. Since the pump wasn't buzzing I think it's that.

Yes, NGK is reputable. The new alt is a Mitsubishi. Good parts keep cars running.

I don't have the time or a working car to go pick up scrap metal. If I did there are plenty of abandoned buildings to pick from but I'm not going to stoop to that. I can get easy money drawing cars for people. ($20/hr) The main problem is that I'm taking 19 credits this semester and barely have enough time to be posting here and on Flickr, not to mention urban exploring, bicycling and thrift shopping.

That said, I have been researching aerodynamic motorcycles. Thinking a teardrop 49cc Honda for a summer vehicle... 200mpg would be rad. Unsure whether mopeds can be registered as full on motorcycles in MN because <49cc is restricted to <30mph. If I had a motorcycle it would have to do at least 55mph to function as a commuter or runabout.