View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lethedethius
EcoModding Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Lethedethius Send a message via Yahoo to Lethedethius
2004 Silverado 4.3 V6 Vortec

Ok so I am implementing various aero mods theoretically at this point,

However I thought of upgrading the ignition system.

My understanding of truly getting a better spark is to start from the very beginning, meaning replacing the cap and rotor, the coil, the wires, and the spark plugs.

I read a lot about the Halo spark plugs which sound-phenomenal but probably a phony dream. Also the E3, Champion, NGK as well as Pulstar plugs were on the list.

I once had a guy at Oreilly tell me to avoid NGK in my american built motor but I'm starting to disregard that, I had great feedback in my 93 Civic (it's sold now). I would imagine they put the same talent into anything they build.

I am also working on a 1972 El Camino, pretty much upgrading the entire electrical system to MSD standards. My goal is to replace the old worn out components with something that will create a much cleaner and complete burn.

Three Areas of Focus:

What to avoid(meaning irridium, platinum, silver tips).

With no regard for the wallet (meaning MSD everything or ACCEL Everything)

Moderate electrical gains keeping the change in my pocket (Is there a Bosche component that accomplishes similar results)

Any feedback is appreciated but please don't tell me to not bother with the electrical system. A fact of life, cleaner burn means higher efficiency, which means longevity of the engine and less gas deposits in the oil, which results in changing the oil less.