View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #89 (permalink)
BurningDinosaurBones
EcoModding Lurker

The Burner - '93 Volkswagen Golf TD GL
90 day: 42.13 mpg (US)
When I see someone coming down a ramp to merge onto the highway I steer clear of them every time. They may not have a clue what they are doing, and certifiably can't be trusted. I've had too many people come down a ramp and just barge into my lane without even noticing me, some of which would have hit me if I hadn't been closely watching what they were doing and swerved immediately into the next lane over. New drivers are the worst because they are all hot and horny and change lanes as if their current lane is on fire.

I make sure to watch what everyone is doing in a merging situation. Last summer I avoided what could have been a multiple car pileup accident in the merging lane when the guy merging onto the highway in front of me panicked and came to a DEAD STOP on the merging lane. I was shoulder checking and watching my side mirror to merge when I looked up and there he was stationary 10 feet in front of me while I was at highway speed. I never knew a lifted 4x4 truck could do a lane change like that!