View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 06:31 PM   #111 (permalink)
Ken Fry
A Legend in his Own Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Just curious, what's the current status on the Zing! ? (If I were an investor, what would you report to me?)
I am married to my biggest investor. I generally tell her: "No! Please don't come after me with that knife again."

Actually, things seem to be on track to have four of the two-seaters finished this year. We won't loose money on every one of them, and by the fourth, will have production pretty well figured out. The Atlanta NPR station was out to do an interview last week, we have a big PR event lined up out west, we'll do one of the Vetter challenges, etc. We will be ready to scale up by the end of the year, and will begin taking deposits for the 2013 production models after the first 2012 version is on the road.

I've been getting interesting requests and suggestions for further models (and have planned along those lines, but I don't envision producing another version until this one is really well-established. I want to avoid, like the plague, the Aptera syndrome, where the money disappears and there is not one customer vehicle on the road. Rather than "Go Big or Go Home," we'll "Go Reasonable, and Stay in Business."

The Following User Says Thank You to Ken Fry For This Useful Post:
MisterInnovation (12-14-2012)