View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #115 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Fry View Post
I certainly hope you are still driving in 12 years... I'll be 73 then too. My dad just gave his Camry to my daughter, realizing (openly) that he doesn't need it much, and (internally I imagine) that he is potentially dangerous. At 92, He thinks of you and me as young pups.

Funny... right in the middle of this post, my dad called. He'd given his doctor a list of 18 complaints, and was concerned that the doc didn't really do anything. As he read through the list, I thought "Oh no -- he's describing me!" Forgetful... check. Get up in the middle of the night to pee... check.

How did this happen?? Weren't we just in high school?
Pop turns 91 this May 8th. He hypermiled his B17 in WW2 to compensate for the bullet and flack holes in his self sealing tanks. Here is a picture of his left wing after another B17 dropped it through his wing when it was hit by flack on the bomb run. White phosphorus thermite cluster bomb. When he got back to his base they removed the wing and replaced with another wing that was painted. After that the plane would not fly straight due to the painted wing, and they had no paint remover to get the paint off.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, forgetful, check. middle of the night trip to the bathroom, check, LOL I have an aunt that smoked from age 12 to age 92, she just turned 100 this last week. May we be cursed with their presence for a long time, eh .

regards
Mech
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	10115  
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Ken Fry (01-24-2012)