View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
thx712517
2011 Honda Civic LX

Honda - '11 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 28.85 mpg (US)

Fit - '17 Honda Fit LX
I am operating ScanGauge-free at the moment. I might have to put one on the list for tax return expenditures, if Uncle Sam is kind enough to give me some of my money back. Last tank was 30.1 MPG. It seems like the harder I try to drive efficiently and the higher I jack up my tire pressure the worse my numbers at the pump get. I'm sure a ScanGauge would help me target where I'm going wrong in my efficiency attempts.

I've got just a few more Civic Hybrid aero bits to add. Last night I mounted the rear fender liner trailing edge deflectors. It seems like they're designed to direct air from the rear wheels toward the diffuser. Should be interesting. I have a pair of leading edge deflectors to add, followed by completing the underbody paneling. I still can't decide about the Civic Hybrid trunk lid spoiler though. It's a hefty chunk of change and the best information I've received so far from my archive crawling has been that Honda put it on the Hybrid for a reason, probably an aerodynamic reason, but I'm hesitant to spend $250+ on the spoiler and drill holes in my trunk lid because the general hunch is it would have a positive impact on aerodynamics.